- Keep up-to-date on weather and temperature changes.
- Develop a plan to deal with possible power outages.
- Have an Emergency Kit on hand:
- Water supply
- Non-perishable foods
- Hygiene items
- First aid kit
- Extra battery’s
- Never leave children or pets alone in enclosed vehicles.
- Stay hydrated and drink plenty of fluids even if you’re not thirsty.
Avoid drinks with caffeine or alcohol.
- Eat small meals and eat more often.
- Avoid extreme temperature changes.
- Wear loose-fitting, lightweight, light-colored clothing.
- Slow down, stay indoors and avoid strenuous exercise during the
hottest part of the day.
- Postpone outdoor games and activities.
- Use a buddy system when working in excessive heat.
- Take frequent breaks if you must work outdoors.