Posted: August 14, 2023
Why Use Propane Appliances Instead Of Electric
You probably know, there are options when it comes to powering the appliances in, around and outside your Eastern Massachusetts home. You can, of course, use electricity, which works for heating, cooking, lighting and more. You can also use propane appliances.
When you take a look and compare electricity to propane, you may find that the benefits of using propane far outweigh the reasons for using electricity.
So what exactly are those benefits? Let’s take a closer look and examine why people are using propane instead of electric appliances.
The Benefits Of Using Propane
Propane is an incredibly versatile fuel, which means it can be used in numerous different ways for numerous different appliances and pieces of machinery. But propane’s versatility isn’t the only reason to make the switch to using the fuel. Here are some additional benefits of using propane in and around your home:
- Propane is environmentally friendly: Propane is a clean burning fuel that emits fewer greenhouse gases than electricity. It also does not damage organisms or plants in the event of a spill or leak.
- It is highly efficient: Propane powered appliances work more efficiently than electrically powered appliances. For example, propane water heaters provide twice as much hot water as electric water heaters do in the same amount of time. Propane clothes dryers dry clothes 25% faster than electric dryers. Most propane home heating systems receive a 90% efficiency rating (some even get a 98%!). Overall, propane is 87% efficient and electricity is only 32% efficient.
- Using propane saves you money: Thanks to how efficiently they work, appliances that are powered by propane are also cost efficient, which means they can help save you money. In fact, operating costs of propane-powered appliances are 40% to 60% less than operating costs of electric appliances.
- Propane offers precise temperature control: If you are looking for that perfectly cooked hamburger or that perfectly seared steak, look no further than a propane grill, which gives you exact and precise temperature control.
Propane Appliances For Your Home
As we mentioned, propane is extremely versatile so its uses are vast. Here is merely a snapshot of what you can use propane for in and around your home:
- Space heaters
- Home heating systems
- Water heaters
- Stoves and grills
- Clothes dryers
- Pool and spa heaters
- Outdoor lighting
Medway Oil & Propane For Your Propane Needs
Medway Oil & Propane has been servicing the Eastern Massachusetts community since 1954. We have earned a reputation as the premier provider of fuel services thanks to our dependable and friendly customer service. If you need reliable propane deliveries, look no further than Medway Oil & Propane.
In addition to proper deliveries, Medway Oil & Propane also provides our customers with:
- Propane tank installation and wireless propane tank monitoring services
- Automatic propane deliveries which eliminate the need for you to contact us and place propane orders
- Pricing and payment options such as auto-pay, price capping and our Budget Plan.
Contact Medway Oil & Propane and start receiving reliable propane services today!