Posted: January 15, 2024
Ways To Use Propane in Your Home
A look at what the gas can do
Oftentimes, being a homeowner comes along with a decision about how you are going to fuel and power the appliances and equipment you have throughout your house. While any homeowner certainly has his or her choice between the different fuel options that are out there on the market, the decision for some is quite simple. And that decision in many cases is propane.
How you can use propane in your home
Part of the reason why so many homeowners choose to use propane in their homes is because of how versatile the gas is. There is a fairly extensive list of ways propane can be used within a house. Here is a simple glance at what propane can do and what it can be used for:
- Outdoor lighting
- Space heaters
- Heating homes via a home heating system
- Warming pools and spas
- Igniting fireplaces
- Cooking on stoves and grills
- Water heaters
- Drying clothes in a clothes dryer
Why homeowners opt for propane
As we mentioned above, propane is a popular choice among homeowners because of how versatile it is. But propane’s benefits go beyond versatility and it is popular for other reasons as well. Here are some additional advantages of using propane:
- It helps with cooking: Cooking with propane helps any chef (professional or not) achieve precise temperature control, which helps you execute a perfectly cooked meal.
- It’s better for the environment: Propane is considered to be environmentally friendly thanks to the fact that it is clean burning. Compared to electricity it emits fewer greenhouse gases and it doesn’t cause damage or harm to plants or other organisms even if it leaks or spills.
- It’s wallet friendly: Propane helps customers save money. On average, the operating costs of appliances that are powered by propane are about 40% to 60% cheaper than the operating costs of electric appliances.
- It helps appliances operate efficiently: Appliances that are powered by propane tend to work at a higher efficiency level then their counterparts. Electric appliances normally operate at an efficiency level of 32%. Propane appliances, on the other hand, operate at an efficiency level of 87%. To get more specific, propane water heaters provide twice as much hot water as electric water heaters do in the same exact amount of time. Clothes dryers that run on propane dry clothes 25% faster than electric clothes dryers. This top-notch efficiency helps propane customers save both time and money.
Get your home’s propane from Medway Oil & Propane
If you are a homeowner in the Eastern Massachusetts area and are looking for a reliable propane supplier, Medway Oil & Propane can help. We are known as the premier provider of fuel services in the area and have been servicing the community since 1954.
When it comes to propane, you can count on Medway Oil & Propane to:
- Deliver your propane to your home when you need it
- Safely install a new propane tank on your property
- Stay on top of your propane supply with our wireless propane tank monitoring service
See for yourself how using propane can improve your home. Contact Medway Oil & Propane today!